Robots in Japan


For most fans of Transformers, Japan is the spiritual home of the toy line. Before the robots in disguise came to the west via Hasbro they existed in the east under various different toy lines and in some cases companies.

I visit friends and family in Japan every other year and usually try to at least see, if not buy, some figures whilst out there. This time I decided to document some of my exploits for posterity.

So here are a few shots from outside the Nakano Broadway Mandarake shop. 

Look at that lovely Diaclone

I think I see Reflector

Look at all that lovely old stuff

Bad guys... Lots of them

Nearly bought both those clear Hot Rods

And a short video of the inside of the shop.


I also popped into a Toys R Us store to see what the regular shops were selling.








Thanks for reading, see you next time.


Comments